Your child can start Kindergarten at the beginning of 2023 if they turn five on or before 31st July . By law, all children must be enrolled in school by their sixth birthday. Because students start new work in their new class at the beginning of the school year, it would be an advantage for your child both socially and educationally, to start school as soon as possible in the new year.
Each NSW public school has a defined local enrolment area. This means that your child is designated to a particular school based on the permanent residential address of the primary caregiver. Every public school reserves enough places within their school for students in their local enrolment area.
Tenambit PS Zoning (PDF 1645KB)
Parents may however apply to enrol their child at a school outside their enrolment area. Non-local applications may be considered by the school's enrolment panel, according to the department's policy and subject to selection criteria such as availability of appropriate staff and classroom accommodation. Contact the school for a non-local application form.
How to enrol in Kindergarten at Tenambit Public School in 2023:
Complete an on-line enrolment form via this link -
Parents/carers will need to supply the following documentation to the school before enrolment can be processed:
- a copy of your child's birth certificate or identity documents
- proof of your child's address - originals of different documents such as your council rates notice or residential lease and electricity bill
- immunisation history statement based on the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR)
- family law or other relevant court orders (if applicable).
If your child is not a permanent resident you will also need to provide:
- passport or travel documents
- current visa and previous visas (if applicable).
It's important that you tell the principal if your child has any special circumstances, allergies, health or medical conditions before your child starts school so that the school can work with you to ensure the best possible environment for your child.